Monday, September 27, 2010

Chivalry?

This subject was on my mind while I was in English class, due to a prior conversation with my roommate a couple days ago. And so I decided I'd blog about it on here as well as my blog for my English class. 


"Roses are red, Some diamonds are bluechivalry is dead, But you're still kinda cute. "




Chivalry is defined as: courtesy towards women. 


This come from the medieval times as the principles and customs of a knight. [the way the knights are to act].


In my opinion.... CHIVALRY IS DEAD. Just like hip-hop was last year. I say this because dudes are just not the same as how they used to be. I can't say that every man is a gentlemen, but they should be,  I am quite sure their mother's  raised them that way: to be chivalrous. I do understand that chivalry can also mean holding doors open and stuff, but chivalry is also like making the first move, asking a girl out on a date and things of that matter. Granted some guys do DO these things, but not as much as they used to, or not as many men do it. 


BUT I have also come to notice some women killed chivalry too. It was killed by the whole 'independent woman' movement. So if a woman is independent, she will not turn to a man to do anything for her. All these woman walking around like "I don't need a man, I can take care of ME!"  It's great you can take care of yourself, but guess what? YOU ARE STILL SINGLE !


I do not NEED a man but it would be nice to HAVE one. I can take care of ME, but I want HIM to take care of ME from time to time. #justsayin


Don't get me a wrong a woman should be independent and make sure they do for themselves, because who is to say ya'll going to stay together so make sure you take care of you and yours. 


A man should be independent as well. 


Some dudes like a woman who is independent but will still turn to him sometimes. They want to be able to spoil their girlfriends but if she doesn't have her own money, homegirl would be dependent on him. They want a girl who wants but doesn't need them., BUT there are always some who want a girl to have to need and depend on him. [But I feel it depends on what they are needed for or if being depending on for advice and such]


Some say "Nice guys finish last" okay, so continue to be nice, finish last and end up with a great girl. Who knows how long 'last' will be, it could be weeks or years.


So guys, be chivalrous, I'm not saying take your jacket off for shorty to walk over a puddle [b/c I surely would not do that for anyone unless you Jesus, and he can walk on water tuh!


RUN & TELL [HIM] THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment